Daily Draw January 14th, 2012
I’m up late because I fell asleep in the chair while re-reading a wonderful book about an illuminated manuscript, so I thought I’d draw my card for tomorrow. You know that thing where you fall asleep in a chair and your neck goes into 4th hinge? That was me at 7:30 p.m., reeling back and forth from 1st to 4th hinge.
I’m on a fashion kick having put five fashion history books on my wish list. I already own one in the series called Dress in Detail From Around the World, and I had the one on 17th century fashion on an inter-library loan once but I would like to buy the whole series from the Victoria and Albert Museum:
– Seventeenth and Eighteenth-Century Fashion in Detail
– Nineteenth Century Fashion in Detail
– Twentieth Century Fashion in Detail
Then I saw these two fabulous books which had great reviews:
– 100 Dresses: The Costume Institute / The Metropolitan Museum of Art
– High Style: Masterworks from the Brooklyn Museum Costume Collection at The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Then I saw some embroidery books I’ve been considering for a bit and put them on the wish list too:
– 18th Century Embroidery Techniques
– 19th Century Embroidery Techniques
– Early 20th Century Embroidery Techniques
Wish lists are like window shopping, full of visual sensation and happy contemplation.
SIX OF HEARTS
A day for nostalgia but in a reflective way, a remembrance of happy things rather than a clutching of the past. This would certainly be the echo of my previous post on all the tarot bags I have made over the years.
A thought of remembrance also reflected in my happy browse of the above-mentioned books and the lovely embellishment on this card and maybe my gentle little nap in the chair.